Sunday, May 10, 2015

Teens Support Web-based Lesson

We celebrated Mother’s day with my mother and my wife today. Much food, cake and strawberries were had with hugs and smiles. My son, the only grandchild, was very sweet. Such a blessing. 


He and his friend from across the street helped me yesterday by posing as students demonstrating how to create a flying animation. It was great to watch how they worked together supporting the common goal that I presented to them. 

The goal was to demonstrate how to  photograph and animate four photographs to create the illusion of a fellow student flying or hovering. This would become two parts of a web-based lesson plan that I created for my Academy of Art University, Technology in Education class project this week. 

The process started last week when we created lesson plans. I had a lot of polishing to do before putting these plans on a web site but the process worked out well. I have five lessons and I created a page for each lesson. I put up an overview for each lesson, a page for each. My focus was on lesson three. For this lesson I link to two videos that I offer as inspiration. Then I created two videos. The videos I created were for demonstration purposes. 

I started these demonstration videos as powerpoint style slide shows. These became the story board and script for the what I did with my actors. I had my son and his friend read directions for this demonstration which I used as a sound track for the slide. I took pictures of the the two of them creating their photos and creating the animation. 

We gave our selves two hours. Everything went quite smoothly. It took an hour to take our pictures out of doors and another twenty  minutes inside. I spent another eight hours editing the audio and video. I’m pleased with the results given the timeline. 

I think we all had fun. I really hope they like it. I would love to work with them on future projects. 




No comments:

Post a Comment